Monday, December 2, 2013

5 Reasons Why I Love Christmas Time

1. The Lights: I love the Christmas lights, they look amazing at night.

2. The Funny Santa Decorations: I've seen some of Santa at the beach, or in the swimming pool, stuck in a chimney, even one of Santa being chased up a tree to get away from a dog!

3. Charlie the Elf:: We have an "Elf On The Shelf" named Charlie. He recently came back from the North Pole where he was helping Santa watch over kids or that's where my mom said he was. My younger siblings love Charlie and I'll admit, it's fun to find him when I wake up in the morning. (If Ellie doesn't tell me as soon as I walk out my bedroom door)

4. All The Cookies: My grandma loves to make cookies around Christmas, so, she has us kids help her out. After we're done, the house always smells delicious!

5. Everyone Is Happy (Well, almost everyone): I've noticed that most of my family is just happier around Christmas and that makes me happy. It might just be the excitement of getting presents on Christmas morning or it might be because they're spending time with their family...yeah, probably the presents. Even though there are those few people who say they hate Christmas, I know there was a time when they were younger they loved waking up and finding out what Santa had left under the tree for them.


3 comments:

  1. These are all so great! :D The funny Santa decorations is one I wouldn't have thought about putting on there.

    Okay, here are five different things I love about Christmas time (since I don't want to copy off of you): ;)

    1. Percy, our Elf on the Shelf. (Okay, so I copied a little bit).

    2. The music. (Favorites include "The Twelve Pains of Christmas," "Cold December Night," and the Muppets' "We Wish You a Merry Christmas). But if you play "Feliz Navidad" or "Dominique the Donkey" around Maxim, he'll flip. ;) I'll prove it to you next time you come over.

    3. Scout. ;) She loves to attack "Puffy Santa" (I'll point you out to him sometime) and her Santa hat, which is almost not even a hat anymore. It's fun to watch her open her presents, too. ;)

    4. The wrapping paper! So many different kinds in all sorts of happy colors and designs!

    5. The people. :) People going around, delivering cookies and candies, giving each other gifts and hugs, and ringing bells and smiling. It's sort of like your number 5. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are awesome!! And "The Twelve Pains of Christmas" is one of my favorites too! :D

      Delete
  2. I like your list! I like Kate's #5, too.

    ReplyDelete